Disability Inclusive Practice Award
As part of our annual Aimhigher London Practitioner Awards, we are proud to be working in partnership with Disability Rights UK to announce our NEW Disability Inclusive Practice Award (Universities).
The award is to recognise and celebrate institution-wide practice that supports the inclusion and participation of students and staff with a disability onto and at London universities, in recognition of whole institution approaches that support access, success, retention and progression.
Applications will be judged overall on to what extent institutional and local responses have helped/are helping overcome existing barriers across eight areas:
1. Support for students and staff who disclose a disability
2. Curriculum design, delivery and development
3. Inclusive recruitment practices
4. Use of staff and students as diversity champions
5. Student engagement and support
6. Digital accessibility
7. Professional learning and career development
The award will continue next year into 2022, and the application process for 2021 has now closed.
If you would like further information, email: email@example.com, adding DIPA in the subject heading.
Judging panel members 2021