Aimhigher Practitioner Awards
Every year Aimhigher London celebrate the achievement and endeavour of staff within schools, virtual schools, colleges, universities and Local Authorities who go the extra mile in the spirit of widening participation.
The Awards recognise and celebrate individuals who use their Aimhigher Co-ordinator role to make a positive difference within their institution and act as ambassadors for the aims and ethos of Aimhigher London.
The Aimhigher Practitioner Awards 2021 took place virtually on Wednesday 7th July 2021.
Disability Inclusive Practice Award
We are proud to be working in partnership with Disability Rights UK to announce our Disability Inclusive Practice Award (Universities).
In 2021 awards were presented to:
- Faye Yasmin from Goldsmiths, University of London for going the extra mile demonstrating committment to the work of Aimhigher London
- Bev Pullen from University of Roehampton for outstanding contribution to the development of the network
- Kat Stegmann from St Mary’s University for her ability to inspire and motivate learners, developing creative solutions within outreach activity and acting as a positive role model to learners
- Jennie Anderson from Springwest Academy for embedding the work of Aimhigher London within your institution
- Kelly Mills for an outstanding contribution as a positive role model to learners
- Lorna Ellis from Carshalton Boys Sports College and Matt Godden and Chris Chalaye from Kemnal Technology College for most significant and sustained commitment to the work of Aimhigher London over time
- University of West London as demonstrating thoughtful, innovative, inclusive and collaborative practice that supports the enhancement of the learning experience for students and staff (Disability Inclusive Practice Award)
- St Thomas More Catholic Comprehensive School as School of the Year 2021
- University of Bradford as Institution of the Year 2021