Learning in Lockdown: Preparing to Progress
Our CPD sessions provide staff attending with the necessary tools and resources to pass onto other members of staff within their own institutions. Click here to download our full 2021 series of CPD.
Engaging Families in Education
Thursday 25th March 2021 3 - 4pm
We know parents and carers are key influencers in the decisions that young people make about their future. Engaging families in higher education however be a challenge, particularly if there is not a family history of pursuing HE.
In response to Covid 19, Aimhigher London have delivered Possible Selves, a sustained online programme for parents of Year 9 and 10 learners. We have delivered a series of sessions to give parents the chance to explore different subjects that can be studied at HE, from Engineering to Digital Media.
Join programme lead Kirsty to find out what we’ve learnt from running these sessions and some practical tips to apply when thinking about parental engagement in your work.
Anticipate and adjust: Creating a digitally accessible environment
Tuesday 27th April 2021 1 - 2:45pm
• Find out about Digital Accessibility, the standards, and the technology available to ensure your content is compliant with PSBAR.
• Explore the barriers that disabled people may encounter when using websites, mobile apps, digital documents and the solutions to support you
• Understand how to make your own materials more accessible using automatic tools & manual processes.
• Hear examples of effective practice from HEP Leaders
• Listen to feedback from students about their experience of digital accessibility in HE
Care Leaver Support at University: What it looks like and how to access it
Wednesday 19th May 2021 11 - 1pm
- Find out about the support available to care leavers transitioning into Higher Education, on course and how to access it
- Benchmarking support for care leavers at university: Update on the new NNECL Quality Mark Framework
- ‘Need to knows’ to prepare for transition
- Understand the changes to generic and specific support and ‘student life’ in light of the impact of Covid-19
- Hear from students about their transitions to higher education